DUI Checkpoints for this weekend (Sept 20-22, 2019) in Orange County, California, include
Orange County DUI Checkpoints on September 20, 2019
Orange County law enforcement has a number of DUI checkpoints and saturation patrols that are planned for this weekend. Remember that you should avoid the long waits and traffic tie-ups from DUI checkpoints, but also can avoid being arrested for DUI in Orange County at a DUI checkpoint by doing any one of the following:
- Having a designated driver; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_driver
- Drinking while keeping your blood alcohol level below the legal limit; https://www.expertlawfirm.com/how-not-to-get-a-dui/
- Avoiding any prescription drugs, narcotics; https://www.expertlawfirm.com/drug-dui/
- Using Lyft; https://www.lyft.com/cities
- Using Uber; https://www.uber.com/
- Using California’s DDVIP App; http://www.ots.ca.gov/pdf/DDVIP-App.pdf; or
- Not drinking, consuming any narcotics or drugs, or not driving.
Unfortunately, the statistics show that DUI checkpoints are a bad idea, and do not work to keep drunk drivers off the road, especially when compared to the much much more effective saturation patrols. Even the police admit as much. Consider the following comment from a police officer from social media:
“Cop here! DUI checkpoints are not about catching drunk drivers. DUI checkpoints are a dog and pony show… their sole purpose is to be public events, that is why they must be announced ahead of time by law. It’s long been known in the law enforcement community that the best way to “fight” drunk driving is by saturation patrols, or, cars that do nothing but hunt/respond to drunk drivers. Feel free to make this as public as possible.”
The following are the DUI Checkpoints in Orange County announced for this weekend:
Costa Mesa DUI Checkpoint
One of the Orange County DUI Checkpoints is the Costa Mesa DUI Checkpoint, scheduled from 8:00 pm and 2:00 am in the City of Costa Mesa. within Costa Mesa City Limits. Our Costa Mesa DUI Information Page .
Fullerton DUI Checkpoint
One of the Orange County DUI Checkpoints is the Fullerton DUI Checkpoint, scheduled for September 19th, 2019, at 8:30 pm until 2:30 am within the City of Fullerton. Our City of Fullerton DUI Information.
According to California DUI caselaw, DUI checkpoints are legal in California, although they have to meet certain strict criteria, including advance publicity, which is how we find out about DUI checkpoints in Orange County.