Work with an Orange County DUI Attorney
If you’re facing Orange County DUI charges, don’t delay taking action. Orange County courts and prosecutors are known for being tough on drunk drivers, and that means serious consequences. Consult with Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller for help today.
Criminal DUI Penalties in California
You probably first wondering what you are facing, or what the worst case scenario is. For a DUI with no prior, the maximum criminal penalty is:
- Up to six months in jail
- Mandatory alcohol education
- $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
The good news is that almost no driver convicted of a first offense DUI in California will get the maximum. In OC courts, you can expect closer to the minimum, which is:
- Three years of probation;
- Mandatory alcohol education; and
- Fines and fees that total just over $1900.
However, the facts of your case are important. In certain cases, the prosecution argues for more punishment. Some circumstances under which a DUI may lead to more serious consequences include:
- Any Orange County DUI with a high BAC (a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater);
- A DUI involving an accident, even if no injury;
- When there is a minor child in the car;
- If you are accused of speeding while DUI;
- If you are on probation for any other case or have a prior DUI charge within 10 years.
For DUIs in Orange County, California, offers made by the Orange County prosecutors (in most cases, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office), include you giving a DNA sample to an Orange County database, attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving MADD VIP program, and search and seizure terms while you are on DUI probation.
The DUI Suspension of your Driver’s License
All the penalties listed above are criminal penalties, which can be imposed by the Orange County Superior Court in your case at sentencing. The one area that the court cannot touch, however, is your driving privilege. Only the DMV has the only right to suspend your California driver’s license. Unless you request a hearing with the DMV, the suspension is done automatically once your thirty-day pink temporary license expires, and you can’t drive.
Unless you request a hearing with the DMV, the suspension is done automatically once your thirty-day pink temporary license expires, and you can’t drive.
The DMV only gives you 10 days to request a hearing – that’s why it’s important that you act fast to protect yourself. We are here to help and can request a hearing for you as soon as possible.
You Owe it to Yourself to Work with the Best Orange County DUI Attorney
The outcome of your DUI case depends on the facts of your case, your legal defenses, and the negotiations between the prosecutor and the defense attorney. There’s a significant difference between sentences imposed, even by the same judge, based upon the facts that are presented by an experienced Orange County DUI Attorney who is well prepared and known by the court.
A DUI attorney experienced in DUI defense can do any, or all of, the following, to help the case:
- Research, prepare, file and argue motions to exclude evidence, or to dismiss a case;
- Provide information about you, your circumstances, career, and character, as mitigation evidence;
- Outline all the legal defenses, and factual problems, regarding your DUI case, to the prosecution;
- Take your case to trial, and argue any defects in the prosecution’s case, the existence of reasonable doubt, or any problems of proof, and
- Negotiate with the prosecutor, and the judge, towards reducing charges, or minimizing punishment in your DUI case.
Robert Miller, an Orange County DUI Attorney, has successfully handled thousands of drunk driving cases and puts his knowledge, education, his record of success, and experience in DUI defense to work for every client.
Attorney Robert Miller’s qualifications in DUI defense include:
- More than two decades of DUI defense experience in Orange County
- A history of success, including dismissals, trial wins, and favorable plea bargain agreements
- Authorship of books on DUI defense
- Education in the science of BAC testing and field sobriety tests
Testimonials from past DUI Clients
We have had many five star reviews and top ratings from on Yelp, Avvo, Google, and elsewhere from satisfied clients that have used our law firm in the past.
Yelp Attorney Reviews for DUI Lawyer Robert Miller
“I would totally recommend Robert, he was professional and efficient in my case.” – Renee, from Yelp
“Robert was very efficient and helpful throughout my entire process. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of great representation. Hard working, always kept me informed and I was able to minimize my situation more than I ever expected.” – Abbey, from Yelp
Don’t take chances with your future. Give yourself the same advantage these former DUI clients did by consulting with our firm to see how we can help you.
DUI Defense Strategies
Every DUI case is different. To determine the best defense for you, we usually conduct a full legal and factual review of all options in your case, and then propose a strategy including:
- Checking the accuracy of the breath machine or blood testing in your DUI case;
- Checking the training, and record of complaints of the police officer involved in your drunk driving arrest;
- Checking the patrol car video, and all audio, data, or photographs involved in your case;
- Checking the officer’s field sobriety test instructions and interpretation; and
- Investigate every aspect of the case and pursue all available challenges.
Orange County DUI prosecutors are aggressive in pushing for conviction and harsh consequences. Our Orange County DUI Law firm has to be equally aggressive in defending our clients’ rights and fighting for the best outcome possible in your case
About Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller
Attorney Robert Miller has a 10.0 Avvo rating, and has been designated a “Client’s Choice DUI Attorney.”
He was named by clients as the best Orange County DUI Lawyer on Yelp, receiving Yelp’s “Clients Love Us” award.
In addition to his law degree and 20+ years of experience, Mr. Miller is:
A graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School
• Certified in Field Sobriety Testing
• Educated in the science of blood and breath testing
He is a member of many professional organizations, including the National College of DUI Defense, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and the California DUI Lawyers Association.
Contact an Experienced Orange County DUI Attorney Now
We offer a free consultation to see how we can help you. But you have to act fast. You have just 10 days after your arrest to request a hearing to save your driver’s license. Investigating and preparing a strategy in your case takes time. Contact us today.