Orange County DUI Checkpoints 06-02-2017
Our group of top Orange County DUI Lawyers have been notified of all of the Orange County DUI checkpoints here in Orange County. Although we have noted several times in the past that Orange County DUI Checkpoints Do Not Work, because funding is only available to support DUI Checkpoints through MADD and the State of California Office of Driver Safety, DUI Checkpoints in Orange County continue, even if they are not as effective as DUI Saturation Patrols, by far.
DUI Checkpoint in Dana Point
Date: Friday, June 2nd, 2017 , from 7:00pm – 3:00am on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017
The location of this DUI checkpoint was not announced, but in the past, DUI checkpoints have been near the Harbor and Pacific Coast Highway, around the drinking establishments near the Harbor and Doheny State Beach.
Orange County DUI Checkpoints 06-02-2017 in Dana Point will be held by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
Are DUI Checkpoints in Orange County legal?
Both the United States Supreme Court and the California Supreme Court have decided the issue of whether or not a DUI Checkpoint is Constitutional and Legal. Orange County DUI Checkpoints 06-02-2017 hopefully results in safety and no arrests for anyone. Under California law, (Ingersoll v. Palmer (1987) 43 Cal.3d 1321), a DUI checkpoint is illegal if it does not comply with all of the following components, to ensure fairness and the legal nature of the checkpoint:
DUI checkpoints must have all of the following:
- Supervising officers must make all operational decisions;
- The criteria for stopping motorists must be neutral;
- The checkpoint must be reasonably located;
- Adequate safety precautions must be taken;
- The checkpoint’s time and duration should reflect “good judgment”;
- The checkpoint must exhibit sufficient indicia of its official nature;
- Drivers should be detained a minimal amount of time; and
- Roadblocks should be publicly advertised in advance.
Contact our DUI Defense Firm in Orange County if you have questions about a DUI Checkpoint in Orange County. We can advise you regarding the specifics of your case.