DUI specialist Orange County 2018
If you’re arrested for DUI, you will want someone that is not only familiar with DUI cases but also makes it a majority of their practice. A DUI specialist Orange County – someone that handles only Orange County cases, and someone that handles only DUI cases, is who you should consult with for your 2018 DUI case.
A note is appropriate here – a DUI specialist is not an official designation by the California State Bar. The California State Bar only recognizes and certifies attorneys as criminal defense specialists, by requiring them to take an examination showing competency and knowledge in criminal defense. As a criminal defense charge, a DUI is covered under criminal defense certification. The DMV portion of a DUI case, which is handled separately from the court part of a DUI case, is administrative in nature.
Work with an Orange County DUI Attorney
Criminal DUI Penalties in California
- Up to six months in jail
- Mandatory alcohol education
- $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
- Three years of probation;
- Mandatory alcohol education; and
- Fines and fees that total just over $1900.
- Any Orange County DUI with a high BAC (a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater);
- A DUI involving an accident, even if no injury;
- When there is a minor child in the car;
- If you are accused of speeding while DUI;
- If you are on probation for any other case, or have a prior DUI charge within 10 years.
The DUI Suspension of your Driver’s License
You Owe it to Yourself to Work with a Orange County DUI Specialist
- Research, prepare, file and argue motions to exclude evidence, or to dismiss a case;
- Provide information about you, your circumstances, career, and character, as mitigation evidence;
- Outline all the legal defenses, and factual problems, regarding your DUI case, to the prosecution;
- Take your case to trial, and argue any defects in the prosecution’s case, the existence of reasonable doubt, or any problems of proof, and
- Negotiate with the prosecutor, and the judge, towards reducing charges, or minimizing punishment in your DUI case.
Testimonials from past DUI Clients
Yelp Attorney Reviews for DUI Lawyer Robert Miller
DUI Defense Strategies
- Checking the accuracy of the breath machine or blood testing in your DUI case;
- Checking the training, and record of complaints of the police officer involved in your drunk driving arrest;
- Checking the patrol car video, and all audio, data, or photographs involved in your case;
- Checking the officer’s field sobriety test instructions and interpretation; and
- Investigate every aspect of the case and pursue all available challenges.
About Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller
- A graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing
- Educated in the science of blood and breath testing